How to apply

58 - 623 09 22

erasmusplus2017 1

PWSNS in Gdynia offers two kinds of undergraduate (first-degree) studies: full time and extramural.

Enrolment takes place twice every academic year: for autumn term - till June 30th and for spring semester - till December 15th.

There are no entrance examinations.

Required documents:

  • student application form,
  • transcript of records which includes full details of previous and current university study (document sample),
  • learning agreement which includes a list of PWSNS courses (document sample),
  • 2 passport-size photographs,
  • certificate of confirmation "Erasmus Student" status,
  • copy of the travel document: ID for EU/EEA citizens and passport with visa (if required) for non-EU/EEA citizens,
  • medical certificate with no contraindication for studying (declaring the applicant's ability to undertake the studies),
  • health insurance document;

Courses available for Erasmus and other international students are conducted in English (or Spanish, German), so you don't have to speak Polish. Applicants are required to have a command of language equivalent to at least B1-B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). If you prefer to study in Polish you will have to show us the certificate of completion of the Polish language course.

Incoming Erasmus Students are not requested to pay any entrance fees and tution.

Polish language course
Your studying programmes are conducted in English, however, the knowledge of Polish is very helpful in better communication with Polish students and better understanding of Polish social and cultural life. If you wish to attend Polish language course, please, inform us at before you start studying at PWSNS in Gdynia. We do our best to organise a course focused on your needs.

Health insurance is mandatory for all students for the entire duration of their stay in Poland. EU citizens staying in Poland are legible for free health service, providing they present their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). The students from non-EU/EEA countries are recommended to buy medical insurance in their home country. Otherwise students are required to pay for any health service they get.
To obtain more information about access to health care during a temporary stay in Poland, please, visit the website of the National Health Fund:

Foreign students are also advised to purchase third party liability insurance and accident insurance.

VISA information

Non-EU/EEA citizens must apply for visa. The period your visa is valid according to Polish regulations is the basic period for which you have the right to visit and stay in Poland. Foreigners can apply for visas in Polish diplomatic outposts abroad. They must be ready with their personal details, dates of arrival and departure to and from Poland as the purpose of their visit. The consulate will confirm acceptance of applications with the appropiate stamp in the passport.

We help students find appropriate accommodation in liaison with numerous estate agencies in Tricity.
Ask for the assistance in your application form.

Students and Staff with disabilities

Our university provides facilities for the disabled students: drive-in, restrooms, elevator, wide corridors, areas to accommodate wheelchairs in lecture halls, computer aided learning facilities, and computer drafting programs.


Useful links:

Ministry of Education and Science:

General information about Poland:

Information about Tri-City:

EILC in Poland:

Erasmus Student Network Polska: